Thursday, October 30, 2008

A fat lot can happen over ...

So... I got a sms from this weird number saying:
"May I know who is this do u stay in kengeri"
Receive: THU 19:08 30- 0ct - 08
I promptly replied back, to the same weird number, the same weird message:
"May I know who is this do u stay in kengeri"
Send: THU 19:10 30- 0ct – 08
I Rxed:
"Hey actually I lost my cell i had received call by this number so please tell me where you stay near temple"
Receive: THU 19:12 30- 0ct – 08
I Txed:
"When did u get a call from this cell? And if u have lost ur cell how do u remember a call from this cell?"
Send: THU 19:17 30- 0ct – 08
Twenty five minutes passed with no reply, and then it hit me that I might be missing out on the sequel to “A lot can happen over a coffee”.
But since the start here was hugely different, I texted thus:
"Guess I scared you away. I am sorry u lost ur phone. I don’t think we are acquainted, though. Adios"
Send: THU 19:49 30- 0ct – 08
Calling someone a scaredy - cat works all the time. A reply is guaranteed. No one lets that one slide. I waited eagerly, and sure enough the mobile buzzed and I got this incredible piece of information:
"I didnt get you"
Receive: THU 20:00 30- 0ct - 08
I so wanted to retort with a stronger version of “Go soak your head”, but there was still that chance of it being someone of the fairer sex; so I thought I would play along. But, in order to avoid further colossal misunderstandings like the one above, I resolved to henceforth dumb down my replies, so that even a four year old would go “Sheesh! Talk more mature”

And so I went:
"Hehe. To make things simpler – tell me your name and I will text mine."
Send: THU 20:02 30- 0ct – 08
"First you"
Receive: THU 20:03 30- 0ct - 08
"Lol. Sure. I am Aniruddha. Pleased to meet you. And you are?"
Send: THU 20:05 30- 0ct – 08
"Manoj"
Receive: THU 20:06 30- 0ct – 08
Grrrrrrrr. 58 minutes through this and I end up with a vijaydreamz equivalent.
"Still think we know each other?"
Send: THU 20:10 30- 0ct – 08
"But tell me where do you stay"
Receive: THU 20:09 30- 0ct – 08
"I stay in Bangalore."
Send: THU 20:10 30- 0ct – 08
"Dude reply man"
Receive: THU 20:21 30- 0ct – 08
There was no end in sight to this. So, I resorted to the same thing that had shut him up in the first place:
"I did, mate. Told ya I was from Bangalore. How on earth did you get this number again?"
Send: THU 20:26 30- 0ct – 08
Well… Guess that worked.
Haven’t heard from him again.

That’s the way the cookie crumbles…
Bah!

10 comments:

evilsense said...

zomfg, LMAO.

bad luck. I am not surprised at how the enthu died exponentially after knowing names ( er. sex).

vk said...

I thot by hearing 'Aniruddha' he'd have been glad at having roped in a chick...er... a female.. Apparently not :-D

Dha said...

@evilsense:
LOL
it would have seemed real strange if even after knowing the names, the enthu remained the PSD of white noise, man
:D

Dha said...

@vk
hehe
as i said, i'm glad that he aint glad..
:)

Nithin "Kitta" Shenoy said...

Man! I was planning of writing another sequel myself and here it comes.. But I should point it out - you are really unfortunate because it is always a 'he' on the other side. :) For me it was 'Katrina' and I even heard her 'sweet' voice too!

Nithin "Kitta" Shenoy said...

Rxed and Txed.. Reminds me of those tronix days.

Dha said...

@kitta
hehe..
yea..
you had all the luck
:D

Rakesh Babu G R said...

Dude, I guess there are better ways of meeting females.

Dha said...

@rakesh
there sure are, mate..
this post was only about how one of those ways back-stabbed.
:)

Anonymous said...

CHECK THIS UNIQUE SITE
nodahej.com Matrimonial Site is the worlds only Matrimonial Site for peoples who don't want to take and give dowries for their marriages.its total free site.Add your Free Matrimonial Profile Now.
nodahej.com